Friday, October 2, 2009

Projects For Noble James


I wanted to show a few projects I've done for Noble.  The first, I completed before he was born.  (I saw something like this selling for $250 and decided I could do it myself).  I started out priming a large piece of canvas.  I used stencil letters and floated compound over the letters.  Leave the stencil on for awhile - long enough to let the compound dry.  After a few days of drying, I painted the letters with a tiny brush - very carefully.   Using the compound sets the letters off the canvas rather than just painting them on there.  I chose this verse for him to see everyday.  Something that I pray that will instill character in him. 
I just ordered this name frame from Emily's Chocolate Blue.  Her art is unique to each customer's wants.  She not only does 'birth announcements' but the possibilities are endless. On Noble's, it lists the time and date he was born, how much he weighed and his height.  I also chose a verse for Noble.  Something I pray for him to live by.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."  Proverbs 3:5-6.



This project was my mom's idea.  There are always treasures to find on the beach.  We got a screw lid jar from walmart, filled it with sand, and added some things that Noble picked up on the beach.  It turned out so cute! It was an excellent year for shells...



No comments: